Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Stiff muscles

After my recent not so great marathon at Johnson crane  I knew I needed to back track a bit..

 I have always had tight muscles, suffered from cramping during basics in the army, medics jsut gave me Besserol. But it did not really help running made me cramp, along with excess exercise- like a 2.5 hr gym session thanks to idiotic PT instructors.

I have back issues and often needed realignment, and my Osteopath did blood tests and discovered my Potassium levels were low. He advised that Potassium Chloride ( SlowK) would probably not be absorbed by my body and that I needed to find  alternative sources. 

A year or so ago I found some Chela Potassium and it seemed to help but as usual we use it till its done and forget about it....  Well I bought some more last Friday and voila below are my last 5 x 10km walks on the same route. 

I have struggled for a long time to get my stride over a meter. Yes my cadence is down a bit but  overall my pace is better  and my stride is longer. Yesterday I was working harder on cadence hence the slightly shorter stride near the end.. 

 Below are all my February walks. The 1-2km are just dog walks but I do try and  concentrate on flicking my feet to improve technique.


Hopefully I can maintain this momentum
  




No comments:

Post a Comment